Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Excited! Countdown 3 more days!

Hey SIHI 2007 TEAM!

Im totally excited about this trip. Countdown is at 3 days!

Thank you Dr. Sachin for posting the Schedule. Where will we be at the end of the 16th of June? My uncle and cousin are coming from Gujarat to see me. They will reach Delhi by the 15th.

Hopefully there will be no delay, but I will tell them to expect a day atleast if any.
We have a train booked to leave on the 17th for Darjeeling from Delhi. This is why I am concerned. My relatives are waiting on me to confirm the dates. I think we were planning on hanging around in Delhi anyway, until our leave to Darjeeling.

Also, Dr. Karen, thank you for the heads up for the translation. I've been practicing ;) my Hindi.
It'd be awesome to actually use what little I know.

Everyone I have been telling about the trek have been asking how high we will be trekking. I saw on Greggs picture comments one height to be of 15,000 ft. But I dont think its the same trail?
So what exactly will be the highest elevation?
(P.S. This Eco-Trek Fitness Test is making me nervous .... haha)

Finally, we were told to save atleast 100USD for the trek. Could we perhaps confirm this or tell us a rough estimate of how much money we need for the trek. And the money that past SIHI
students brought with them, were they traveller cheques or cash?

THANK YOU!

Mohini

No comments: