Monday, April 30, 2007

Hello from Nishu (finally..sorry!)

Hello Everyone,

First off, my sincere apologies that this is late. This is my first time blogging and I hope that I am doing it right :).

My name is Nishu and I just graduated from McMaster in Economics and Political Science. I am starting my Masters in September at Carleton University in Ottawa. I am a pretty simple guy (I hope) who is very close to his family and friends - and always looking for new adventures.

I have just finished reading all the blogs and am so excited for the trip! Everyone sounds like such an interesting bunch that will bring something unique to the group. This SIHI trip will be my third time to India, the last time I went was 11 years ago and it was to Punjab state (where my parents are from). I am super excited to visit the different places in Uttranchal and for the hike as well. This will be my first time hiking, so this will definitely be a new experience for me! I have a few close friends who have been on previous SIHI trips and they definitely have felt that it has been a life changing experience - so I am really looking forward to the whole experience and to making some new close friends.

I will see you all in less than four days!

- Nishu Gulati

No comments: