Monday, June 18, 2007

MEMORIES LAST FOREVER


My trip was started with lots of apprehensions, whether I will be able to live up to the expectations of being a translator or not or will I’ll be able to overcome all language and cultural barriers or not …but I tried. In jakatar I found my unknown India and love it too much .The whole group including Madeleine, afrousheh, Nora, sara,john,trish, raman,abhishek,Chelsea,Lauren,mohini,nishu I really love them all. As you all were curious about India, I was too curious about you all. I really loved the Canadian culture. I still remember once Chelsea telling me that she feels really awkward wearing such colorful and nice clothes in front of the jaunsari villagers, this showed her love and care for jaunsari people. I was also touched by the ‘thanks and sorry culture’ of Canada. I never been so close to everyone but I was always showered with love and care. Trish and Madeleine always used to encourage me during hikes.Jaunsari culture is very rich in every aspect. They shower love and affection even to strangers and they all are always ready to give their precious time to us. It always been a good time asking them questions like “are you married? Or how many children you have? Being a translator, I enjoyed every translation because of huge support from my team member including Jonathan who was always used as bouncer (I am sorry john).during translation whenever I found problem with special keywords, dr.sachin always used to help as Google search engine. It was always been a wonderful time walking with nishu and Dhanehwari ji and sometimes with Belum bhaiya in group called “slow walkers but first coming group” it sounds weird but only this title came to our mind during walking uphill… Mohini was always been a great bunch of interesting talks. Nora was always been a sweet little princess with a beautiful boon of sketching and drawing .Sara always ready to help everyone as a beautiful nurse but with brain and golden heart. Lauren: a bold and beautiful girl with a power to judge every situation very correctly. Raman: he has beautiful style of saying ‘namaste’and off course he has done a good work as editor.
Every SIHI accepted me whole heartedly and I am really thankful to them for their enormous love and support. By the way my engineering entrance test and my UGAT (under graduate admission test) is over and I had cleared them all. Sometimes it was hard to enjoy beauty near me because of nostalgia, but when the time arrived to go home, I felt nostalgic about SMTA. A tight hug from afrousheh brought tear to my eyes. A lovely and warm farewell from SIHI made me touched deep down at heart. I am thankful to Dr. Sachin and Maggie aunty for their love and care towards me. You all became my second family there. I apologies for any mistake during trip and bloging.

Lots and lots of love to everyone
PRIYA (Your translator)

No comments: