Saturday, April 7, 2007

A HELLO from Mohini

Hi Sachin and Raman,

This is Mohini. I am sooo sorry that I have not been using this very cool site.
In fact, the bios that you both wanted, I have them all (just waiting on one more person
to give me theres). Its in a word document. Once I figure out how to post it, I will :D

I am soo excited about coming! And 9 of us (I believe) are coming on the trek! So it will be lots of fun!!! As Sachin knows, it will be my first time. My only trouble is getting all the trek gear. Hopefully, I can borrow off my friends/family here. This is the shopping weekend for me!

I have a question regarding carbineers. How many do I need to buy?
And also, what did the students do last year about money. Should I bring travellers cheques? If I do, which banks would cash it. Should I just bring cash? And the fee for the trek... is it 100 USD for sure? I just want to make sure my budgetting is on the ball.

A little more about my stay in India...
After the trek, I'm going back to Delhi and then going to Agra with my uncle who will meet me in Delhi. After Agra I will be coming back to Delhi and then going to Darjeeling/Kalimpong/Sikkim for a few nights, then back home to Gujarat to stay with my family.

I am veryyyy excited!!!

1 comment:

Satyendra said...

Dear Mohini
If you have to buy, then just one karabiner would be enough per person- and may be just 4 karabiners for the whole group. It may not be needed. Just to be on safe side.
First time is no problem. The core module- walking to mountain villages will prepare you. Then, at the end of the core module, we will have a fitness test- another opportunity to assess our fitness and plan accordingly. Even though the ten day trek is quite doable- it does require a certain amount of grit, staying power and commitment.
Facilitation fee for this eco-trek is CD 10 per day per head, which you can pay, whichever way convenient to you, including travelers check (my bank will accept it)- AFTER the final fitness test.
So right now, prepare well for exams; relax and be ‘mindful’ while writing exams.. and then let India happen to you..
sachin