Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hi everyone!

Hi posted this same message today in a different place because I did something wrong the first time, sorry if I confusd anyone!
Dr. Sachin and Raman, sorry for not posting on the blog, I have been accustomed to learnlink and forgot about blogging!

I am really excited to come to India in less than a month! It is hard to concentrate on exams right now with the trip approaching so quickly and me growing more and more excited each day! I guess I will provide a little intro about myself....My name is Trish, I come from a family of five plus one chocolate lab, who I will get to see very briefly before the trip! I am in my third year at McMaster in the bachelor of health sciences program and am also minoring in peace studies. Although next year is my forth year, I am not sure what I will do afterwards. I have strong interests in international health and development and hope to pursue a career that incorporates these. I applied for the sihi trip because of my interest in international health but also because of the tremendous learning experience that the trip provides in terms of experiencing Indian culture, and embarking on a journey of personal growth!

Other interests of mine include outdoor activity such as jogging, various water sports, ultimate Frisbee, and hiking (I am really excited about the trek, i just got my Backpack last weekend!). I also like to read when there's time...the last good book I read was pathologies of power by Paul Farmer! Lately in my spare time I have been trying to learn Hindi by listening to a "learn to speak Hindi cd" my mom sent me....I have a long way to go haha!

I guess that's all I'll say for now... I should get back to studying!
Trish
Bye the way, thanks for posting the different reading material!

2 comments:

Satyendra said...

Dear Trish
Great intro! I will come to some of the things later- but can you help me understand:
"family of five plus one chocolate lab".. and "ultimate frisbee"..
Sorry, I am a bit of out of touch with modern English! If it is something, you dont want to share on the blog, feel free to use my private email: satksri@gmail.com

Yes, I am intrigued by this ultimate frisbee and chocolate lab..
sachin

Satyendra said...

OK, Raman has told me about Chocolate Lab! Also about 'Ultimate frisbee'. Dont worry..
sachin